2016-2017 Common Application题目
In 650 words or less, please respond to one of these prompts:
PROMPT#1: Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is someaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. Ifthis sounds like you, then please share your story.
PROMPT #2: The lessons we take fromfailure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time whenyou experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from theexperience?
PROMPT #3: Reflect on a time whenyou challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make thesame decision again?
PROMPT #4: Describe a problem you’vesolved or a problem you’d like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, aresearch query, an ethical dilemma-anything that is of personal importance, nomatter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took orcould be taken to identify a solution
PROMPT #5: Discuss an accomplishment or event,formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthoodwithin your culture, community, or family.
The Universal Application
以下44所学校使用the Universal Application，大家看仔细啦，有没有你打算申请的学校。
AmericanUniversity in Bulgaria,
Bryant,University of Charleston,
EmbryRiddle Aeronautical University,
MilwaukeeSchool of Engineering,
NotreDame of Maryland,
SavannahCollege of Art and Design,
theUniversity of Wyoming
The Universal Application题目
PROMPT #1: In 650 or fewer words, please write an essay that demonstratesyour ability to develop and communicate your thoughts. Some ideas include: aperson you admire; a life-changing experience; or your viewpoint on aparticular current event.
PROMPT#2: In 100-150 words, tell us about one of your extracurricular, volunteer oremployment activities.
1.Describe an example of your leadership experience in which you have positivelyinfluenced others, helped resolve disputes, or contributed to group effortsover time.
2. Every person has a creative side,and it can be expressed in many ways: problem solving, original and innovativethinking, and artistically, to name a few. Describe how you express yourcreative side.
3. Whatwould you say is your greatest talent or skill? How have you developed anddemonstrated that talent over time?
4.Describe how you have taken advantage of a significant educational opportunityor worked to overcome an educational barrier you have faced.
5. Describethe most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken toovercome this challenge. How has this challenge affected your academicachievement?
6. Describe your favorite academicsubject and explain how it has influenced you.
7. What have you done to make yourschool or your community a better place?
8. Whatis the one thing that you think sets you apart from other candidates applyingto the University of California?
The Coalition Application
目前有80所大学宣布在2016年开始使用Coalition Application，作为 Common App的补充。这些学校是：
American,Amherst, Bates, Bowdoin, Brown, Bryn Mawr, Cal Tech, Carleton, ClaremontMcKenna, Clemson, Colby, Colgate, College of the Holy Cross, William &Mary, Colorado College, Columbia University, Connecticut College, Cornell,Dartmouth, Davidson, Duke, Emory, Florida State, Franklin and Marshall, OlinCollege of Engineering, Georgia Tech, Grinnell, Hamilton, Harvard, Haverford,Illinois State, Indiana University, James Madison, Johns Hopkins, Miami ofOhio, Michigan State, Middlebury, Mount Holyoke, North Carolina State,Northeastern, Northwestern, Oberlin, Ohio State, Penn State, Pomona, Princeton,Purdue, Ramapo, Reed, Rice, Rutgers, New Brunswick, Skidmore, Smith, St. Olaf,Stanford, SUNY, Geneseo, SUNY Binghamton, SUNY, Buffalo, Swarthmore, Texas A&M, College Station, College of New Jersey, Tufts, Union, University ofChicago, University of Connecticut, University of Florida, Gainesville,University of Georgia, Athens, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana,University of Iowa, University of Maryland, Mary Washington, University ofMichigan, Ann Arbor, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, University ofMissouri, Columbia, University of New Hampshire, Durham, University of NorthCarolina, Chapel Hill, Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University ofPittsburgh, University of Rochester, University of South Carolina, Columbia,University of Vermont, Burlington, University of Virginia, Charlottesville,University of Washington, Seattle, Vanderbilt, Vassar, Virginia Polytechnic,Wake Forest, Washington University, St. Louis, Wellesley, Wesleyan, Williamsand Yale.
1. Tell astory from your life, describing an experience that either demonstrates yourcharacter or helped to shape it.
2. Describe a time when you made ameaningful contribution to others in which the greater good was your focus.Discuss the challenges and rewards of making your contribution.
3. Has there been a time when you’vehad a long-cherished or accepted belief challenged? How did you respond? Howdid the challenge affect your beliefs?
4. what is the hardest part of beinga teenager now? What is the best part? What advice would you give a youngersibling or friend (assuming they would listen to you)?
5. Submitan essay on a topic of your choice.